Saturday, April 08, 2006

I'm in a 'writing mood' tonight.

Just now when we were in Lee Loi Fatt, we saw an elder couple who were eating there.
When they finished eating, the old man held his wife's hands and helped her out the door.
After that, they went off- holding hands.

I was so full of envy.
I started to wonder what love story did they share?
Were they the kind of childhood couple or have they met when they were in their 20s?
Or did they find each other after their previous partner had passed away?
Many questions and scenarios started popping up in my little mind.

I hope when I reach their age, I would also have found someone who's willing to hold my wrinkly hands.. bring me out for walks and still tells me that he loves me.

Will I ever meet someone who's willing to hold my hands and hug me to sleep even when I turn old and wrinkly, naggy, out of shape after giving birth, lose all my teeth, poor eyesight, poor hearing, hunchback..?

I used to think love was sacred and perfect.
I thought I would be like Cinderella.
Attend a ball, leave a slipper behind and my prince comes looking for me..
Then we live happily ever after..
That was during the naive days.

As I grow older, I started to see and hear more stories..
And experienced that love isn't that easy and simple
We don't just meet someone, fall madly in love and live happily ever after..
I started realising how important "loyalty, trust, honesty, responsibility" are...
Then I started longing for someone whom I can just take out his mobile phone and browse through...
Not coz I don't trust him, but the feeling of knowing that there can't be messages from another girl, exchanging intimate messages with my special *him*
Someone I can call at 3am, just to talk..
Someone who understands me.. knows when to talk and when to keep quiet and just sit next to me..
Someone who I fall deeper and deeper in love with, everytime I look at him..
*sigh*

When I was innocent about love, I thought if I found someone I really like, I would definitely survive Long Distance Relationship..
Then when I got to form 4, I thought it was stupid of me to believe in love that's separated by distance
I started to believe in it again after seeing a real life example..
Something special that's shared between my closest friends..
hehe, I'm happy coz it shows love isn't as fragile as I thought..
Suddenly, all my dreams about love start coming back..
I'm not so cynical anymore.....

Deep in my heart, I know that there's no 'perfect person'..
Only someone who is perfect for me..
Someone who loves, cares and understands me..
Have I found him and let him slipped away?
Or is he still waiting out there for me?

hehe, maybe I shall find out soon enough!

Too much ramblings tonight.
Oops, maybe I really am thinking too much..
but have mercy on an unemployed student who has nothing to worry about at the moment..
After all, there's no harm in a girl having wonderful dreams about love =p

No comments:

Post a Comment