Friday, April 14, 2006

feeling super duper down now..
just feel like doing something to keep me occupied

i thought of what sek hao said the other day..
we were at yayasan and we saw a poster of a baby
he said, if u wanna know whether a person is attractive, stand in front of the baby..
the person the baby looks at, is the most attractive one among the people who're there...

i thought about it on my way home
people always say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder
so how can 1 baby be the judge of it all?

then I started to think why people are naturally attracted to others who look good?
Most would say human beings are shallow..we go for beautiful things
But isn't it also nature's way of ensuring only the good genes get passed down to the future generation?

I would imagine people in the early centuries to be less better looking than us now..

So perhaps, wanting a good-looking partner is in our genes after all..

I watched this interesting singapore series and it talked about 'memories' stored in the genes..
for e.g, how would a baby bee know it has to look for honey?
how does a baby dolphin know how to swim?
it's their ability... it's something they're naturally born with.. in their genes

such a deep topic.. i love thinking about stuff like this..
to ensure only the good genes get passed down, bad ones have to be eliminated
that's also the law of survival

through evolution, human beings have gotten smarter and started to realise looks aren't everything..
things get complicated and we started to look for a caring, loving, responsible, loyal partner instead of one who we make baby with, to keep the human species alive..

If I could, I would love to read more stuff about it..
Genes, DNA and research on human's attitudes have always been my interest...
it's a shame I won't be continuing my studies on this..

hehe, maybe I should have taken Bio & Chem instead of Econs =p

No comments:

Post a Comment