Monday, January 23, 2006

Graduation night

I woke up on 21st morning feeling excited.
Yes, that's the day I have been waiting for.
I still had to go to work so gotta wake up early.
Time seems to pass by quite fast at work.
The children were generally well-behaved.
We quickly went back home at noon and got ready for our make-up and hairdo session at the mall.

We arranged to meet at Best Eastern. I reached there at around 1.45pm when we were supposed to meet at 2 so I walked around browsing.
Saw Share there at around 1.50pm so we waited together for Az and Wen.
They finally came and we accompanied Wen to "Ego" to look for her lost $. *long story but we couldn't find it in the end*
Wen & I went to Body Shop to get our make-up done while Az & Share went to Essensuals for their hair-d0.
A nice lady did the make-up for me.
I was a lil cautious when she put on eye make-up coz I'm quite sensitive around the eyes.
I curled my eyelashes myself. Hehe, no way am I letting another person use that curler on my eye.
Our make-up session finished at around 2.45pm.
My make-up is pinkish, to suit my gown.
Wen's is green-gold.
Az came down to get her makeup done.

Then we proceed to Essensuals for our hair-do!
I went for a high half ponytail look and Wen went for a very cool look.
Kc went there and Nick & Fad came a lil later.
We got our hotel room key then.

By 4.30pm, we were done and the driver was already waiting outside the Mall to send us to Empire.
I was excited as that would be my first time at Empire!
When we finally reached there, we went straight to our room. Room 3301.
WOW, WOW, TRIPLE WOW.
I was impressed. No wonder this hotel got a diamond rating.
Everything is so grand.
The room looks amazing. Even the bathroom is impressive.
We started screaming a lil and I went to jump on the bed.
The lil sofa is so cozy and the pillow!! it follows the shape of the head and it's tres comfortable.

Suresh came in while Iz & Hau followed. Sek Hao came in after that and told us our hair was amazing. Hehe, we loved that look on his face.
We started getting ready at around 5.
KC came and got ready too. Fadhli came as well.
I was busy looking for scarf to cover the very translucent jacket.
If I knew they weren't gonna check our attire, I wouldn't have gone into that trouble.

We started walking to the Theatre at 7.
Took pics with some ppl at the *photo area* before going in.
The theatre looks great but we were all seated quite far apart fr one another.
Feels very secluded, not something I would want for a night to mingle.
The ceremony started with a speech from Majdi, followed by the principal.
Then Aidah came on the stage and the night has just begun.
We started the dinner and the food was gd. Not 'excellent' as I thought it would be, just 'good'.
I liked the appetizer the best.
While we were having dinner, there was a lucky draw and Share was one of the lucky ones.
She got a mystery gift.

After the lucky draw, there was a performance by Solehah. They sang very nicely.
Even though it was really noisy in the theatre, I felt very lonely and insecure.
I had no idea why but there was a very hollow feeling.
It didn't feel great.

The awards ceremony came after that and let's see how much I can remember.
Most likely to become minister- Majdi
Most likely to become a millionaire- Muneer
Hero Tug-of-war : Anwar
Most rajin pass up hw: Grace
Most ideal couple: Emad & Nadia
Most Friendly/Sociable: Aidah
The person who can make a dull class bright: Mizah
The "loudest" laugh: Icham
Most Control/Macho: Aslam
Most Drastic Change: Wei
Best Smile: Nas
The Dimple Award: Sek Hao
Best Flirt: Izdihar

I can't remember the rest but it was fun.
Halfway through the awards show, we went down to take pics with the teachers.
We went to Ms Jessica first and Teacher Norchua next.
We also took pics with Teacher Zarinah & gang, Ck Kasmah & gang & Ck Rokiah n gang.
After that, we went down & took pics with our friends.
Had pics taken with Grace & gang, Solehah, Val, Zaimah, Effy, Sarah, Fad, Su, Kc.. while watching performance.

Before we know it, it was nearly 10 and there was a slideshow featuring our teachers with background music "you raise me up". It was touching and I couldn't hold back my tears.
The teachers left soon after that and we had another performance by Azels, then Anisah & Reza.

Disco lights shone and music was loud. I couldn't stand it.
I felt dizzy and luckily, everything stopped at 11.20pm and we got back to the hotel room.
Next: Post grad-nite

No comments:

Post a Comment