Have you ever felt like your heart is breaking into itsy bitsy pieces?
When you feel like that, do tears start welling up in your eyes?
I've felt that way many times before.
It wasn't until just now that I realised I have this very strange habit.
When I'm on the verge of crying, I tend to press my fingernail hard against my arm, usually the part where they take bloood from.. the joint between your arm and your biceps & triceps.
I'll press really, really hard till the pain surpasses the pain I'm feeling inside.
Then the tears seem to find their way miraculously back to the tear duct without dripping down.
Why do we have emotions?
If darkness merely means the absence of light..
Then does sadness symbolise the absence of happiness?
How do you measure happiness?
Do you really feel happy when you smile?
There are lots of people I know who put up a brave front.
Even I myself do that some times.
But I'm not the type who hides my emotions well.
When I'm sad or mad, you can definitely tell it from the way I act.
When I'm happy, I show it too.. by laughing, smiling, telling lame jokes..
which is how I act nowadays.
I am truly happy with all the people surrounding me now.
Happiness seems to multiply and sadness gets divided and becomes less.
My burden seems lighter and I look forward to everyday with great anticipation.
We're always on the go. We makes plans.
They understand me. They understand my jokes.
We play together and we laugh together.
Sometimes, I think someone up there must really love me.
Why else would I be blessed with so great people in my life?
No comments:
Post a Comment