Sunday, February 25, 2007

'The Hospital'

Holy Molly!

I don't know what's going on in my little mind.

I am (was) totally addicted to 'The Hospital'. A grand total of 39 episodes, each episode abt an hour long and I finished it in less than 3 days! It's about politics in the hospital, how the doctors deviate from their original purpose of saving lives to climbing up the corporate ladder instead. I never thought of doctors like that. To me, doctors are perfect. I forgot they are humans too. I thought their priority should be saving lives..and all for the good of mankind. No? Forgive me for being so naive. I wondered if such a thing exist in RIPAS. I guess it does, because as long as there are human beings, there are bound to be conflicts and office politics. I hate being so pessimistic and having to accept reality. It is precisely because everybody accepts the 'so-called' reality and therefore responds that way.

People may think "Working in an office is bound to give rise to some sort of office politics." Therefore, when they step into the working world, they expect it to happen. What we don't realise is, once we expect something to happen, it will happen. Coz subconsciously, we are allowing it to happen and therefore our actions tend to lead to the outcome we were expecting.

I don't want to be that kind of person who 'accepts' everything. You might think 'You're just one person. Your mentality will not change a single thing'. If everybody thinks like that, then nothing's ever gonna change. One person does make a difference.

I remember there was a donation drive back home once. I told Mama we've got to donate. Even if it's only $10. I told a friend and he asked me, "How's $10 going to help?" I said "$10 from me, $10 from you and $10 from the other 1000 people out there..is going to make a BIG difference". If everybody thinks "Ah, my $10 won't help. I won't bother" then who would help the poor lady? Even if $1 will make a difference as long as a lot of people do it!

Little things do matter! A kind thought, a little kind gesture would make the world a better place to live in. Perhaps we never thought that a little gesture such as switching off the lights everytime we leave our room is going to make a big difference to conserving energy..but in reality, it does!

Why do I feel like a Miss World candidate now? hehe, what's up with that long speech?
I could never understand myself!

I have a strong urge to splurge on board games.

Disney Monopoly
Scrabble [The Pink Edition]
Risk
Cluedo
Pictionary
Cranium
Game of Life
...too many!!

Even an urge to play puzzle even though I know I do not have the patience to finish a puzzle piece. My 'precious moments' puzzle back home.. I spent a few days on it and gave up..

Right now, I would be extremely over the moon if I receive a board game, a puzzle, a nice necklace (round or with hearts), a bracelet that fits, a new bag..
So materialistic!!

Hehe, but I would be equally happy to have a nice cup of hot milo right now too. So now I'm off to indulge myself~ Milo, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment