Today, I went to MRS at Berakas Garrison for a first-aid course.
I learnt CPR and ways to bandage.
The CPR lesson took the whole morning. We had briefings, then we took turn to blow air into "little anne"- a $5000 dummy.
The steps are: DRABC
Danger- When we enter the zone, we have to check for danger. Switch off current, if there's any. Clear the area and check the victim.
Response- Talk to the victim. If he/she responds, then quickly call for ambulance. If not, shout for HELP x 3.
Airway- Check the victim's mouth for foreign object. If there's any, remove it. If not, shout "Clear".
Breathing- look, listen for breathing sound and feel the pulse. This shall take 10 seconds.
If there's no sign of breathing, begin CPR. Give 2 effective blow- Tilt the head upwards, pinch the nose and blow. Release, pinch and blow.
Circulation- Check for any signs of life.. limb movement. If no, then give 15 compressions, followed by 2 blow.
*1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5, 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 10, 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 15. Blow twice.
Repeat the cycle till the victim regains consciousness or when the paramedics arrive.
That's what we did the whole morning.
In the afternoon, we were taught the different ways of bandaging. There's the Arm Sling, St' John's Sling and Collar Sling.
We took lots of photos as well- but they're all in Dee's camera.
Just now after lunch, the girls gave me a surprise!!
They came back with a bag of stuff and asked if I would contribute for a friendship bracelet.
I said Yes and they took out one for me.. told me I didn't have to pay and it's a gift from them.
We each have one. It's one of those Hallmark Bookmark + Friendship Bracelet.
Azura read out the poem for me:
*Dream your own dream and follow your own star,
There wouldn't be a heaven full of stars
If we were all meant to wish on the same one.
There will always be dreams grander or humbler than your own,
but there will never be a dream exactly like your own...
for (Cindy), you are unique and more wondrous than you know!*
*sniff* And they put on the bracelet for me. It's blue and white.
We signed each other's bookmark and here's what they wrote on mine.
From Asmah: ' Cindy, my 'best friend', LOL, haha luv- asmah'
From Azura: 'Cindy, I'm cute but ur cuter, I'm sexy but ur sexier. Im lovely but ur lovelier. whatever lah, ur the best'
From Azimah: 'Cindy, I like u too! hehe..kiut ko ani eh! love zimah'
From Beb: 'Beb <3 cindy =")'
From Dee: 'Cindy rhymes with sweet! But it doesn't really, but i love u anyway, <3'>
From Hazel: ' Cindy =) u aways brighten up my day! stay happy
No comments:
Post a Comment