It's a lazy, lazy week.
I went to Learning Grid ( a place like the Library, but we can eat and talk in there) just now to do some research for my World Economy Essay. I'm doing a research on "East Asian Miracle Growth"~ And I've chosen one of the 4 Asian Tigers, SINGAPORE.
Singapore 'miraculously' has a high growth rate and I'm gonna examine what is it that caused the growth! Is it their institution? Human capital? Capital accumulation? Openness to trade? I'm going to find out!
That was a geeky start~ Now that I'm back in my room, I can't make myself do any work! So I'm here to update my blog.
Some MOE officers came by today and we met them. It was good seeing Bruneians.
I'm tired~ even though I had 14 hours of sleep the previous night.
Today, I thought of 'distance'.
Sometimes, I wonder, is 'distance' a relative term? Do we calculate the distance by miles, kilometers or more abstract, like how near/far you 'feel' you are from another person?
Even though Oz/NZ is so far from UK in terms of 'distance', I still feel near to the loved ones there. Strong connection perhaps?
Like Share would say, "Thank goodness for technology!"
If we were born 20 years earlier, we wouldn't be able to reap the benefits technology has brought into our lives. Ohh, speaking of which, technology is also a cause for the growth of an economy. hehe.. Economics alert!!! It happens when you've got 2 economic essays due.. your mind tends to revolve around the subject.
I'm actually not in a very good mood today. Yes, I found out my Stats marks and I'm a tiny wee bit disappointed. Oh well, I did my best and for the record, I really was aiming for 100~ but it's ok.. that means I've still got room for improvement for the test in Term 3.
I remember in Pre-U 2, I didn't get good marks for my 1st test in Stats too, and I told Ck. Farid, "Sir, I did it purposely so I would have room for improvement!" I think that was a pretty good excuse coz sir laughed and I did score better for the subsequent tests.
I'm sure it was some careless mistake! *Grr* I am always careless...why, why? I always tell myself to be more careful, but I end up making more careless mistakes~ Oh well! DO BETTER NEXT TIME!
I realised I always start my sentences with "I..." "I..." it's all about 'me, me, me!'
I...oops, there I go again! Once upon a time back home, I read a book about "the Danger of 'i'"~
It's about how we tend to revolve the world around ourselves~ just suddenly thought of that book.
That was random!
But to be fair, this is MY blog, hehe, so that gives me an excuse to float from one topic to the another without any fore-warning!
"If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give". ~George MacDonald
I think that quote is really sweet! I like it!
And one that makes me go "awww.."
"Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would, I'd never leave". ~A.A. Milne
How do these people come up with such heart-warming quotes? Their mind must be a beautiful place to tour.
And another one which is relevant to us!
"Can miles truly separate you from friends.... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?" ~Richard Bach
And one last one before I hit the 'publish' button....
"A bell is no bell 'til you ring it,
A song is no song 'til you sing it,
And love in your heart
Wasn’t put there to stay -
Love isn’t love
'Til you give it away."
~Oscar Hammerstein, Sound of Music
No comments:
Post a Comment