"Live for yourself"
I read that in novels, magazines, and even heard it as a line in tv shows and movie.
"Live for yourself"
What does that actually mean? Disregard people's expectations? I don't think it's quite that.
Just like economic theory, there is no 'perfect' or 'best suited' theorem that can be put into practice in every situation. Sometimes, it applies, sometimes, it doesn't. If predictable action can be taken all the time to solve all the problems we face, then perhaps life would be somewhat smooth-sailing..Dull, even.
How could we possibly live for ourselves when in fact, we are bounded by family ties, friendship, all kinds of relationship..our family's expectations, our country's expectations?
This is a very complicated subject. I'm sure people have thought about it in one point of their life or another.. but they might not have realised it coz they never recorded them down. Everyone has faced a turning point in their life when they think "Am I doing this for myself?" At the end of the day, does it really matter?
I'm going to spend some time thinking about this. Don't want it to be a hasty post!
Anyhow, no matter what I do, I only ask myself at the end of it,
"Did I try my best?"
"Is my conscience clear?"
If yes, then that's all that matters to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment