Monday, October 09, 2006

7.30am *TRRRRIIIING* My mind alarm goes off. It's funny how I automatically wake up at 7.30am every morning. On some days, I laze around till 9am before starting my day.

This week's been a breeze. Timetable's alright and I still get ample of time to sit in front of my laptop, catching Chinese Drama on Youtube.

I don't get so homesick anymore. But this does not mean that I will not go home in December. It's one long month and Aunt Siew Ben's going back home! I haven't seen her, Uncle Pin and Loong in a while. Not only that, Yvonne and Guan will be back too! All the more I should go back, at least this year.

Shopping works wonder sometimes. Today, I took the time out to walk around the nearby complex, Canon Park Shopping Centre and got myself some stuff. My mood instantly lighten up.

I know that everyone means well when they told me to enjoy the experience and not think about home too much. But hey! it can get pretty annoying. I'm the kind of person who needs to go at my own pace. Any push by external force will only result in a retreat instead of a step forward. Those kind ppl are instead, stopping me from moving forward by giving me unwanted pressure- which I will not appreciate. Thank you very much.

Other than that, life's pretty much stable here. I've got a cupboard full of food and a nice comfy bed. By that, I am already better off than half of the world's population. I gotta tell myself that.

Papa and Mama couldn't be more wonderful. They write me emails everyday and that makes me feel so loved. I've got the best parents in the world. Others who do not share such close ties with their parents will never understand why I want to go home so much.

I shouldn't be so harsh on myself when it's only my 2nd week here. I'm sure I'll adjust to the life here soon. Deep inside, I am still rational..

No comments:

Post a Comment