Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Trip Report!

I just got back from Sydney last night, after having spent about two weeks with some of the most important people in my life.

Throughout the trip, I kept a journal of the places we've been and the things we did..

Dunedin (23rd August-30th August)

I love Dunedin because it holds the people I love.
Once I arrived in Dunedin, I took the shuttle bus by myself to the girls' place.

The shuttle bus driver was new so he lost his way several times.
I took that as a chance to tour Dunedin.
When I finally arrived at Ritchie House, I was greeted by two warm hugs from Share & Az.
From then onwards, everything felt normal again.
My life is complete with 3 of my best companions in life, who funnily share the same fate..but that story is for another day.


Throughout the trip, we've done nothing but eat, enjoy and entertain ourselves.


We rented a car and went to the very beautiful Lake Tekapo where we ate some more, tried to cycle, sat on the rocks by the lake and chit-chat the afternoon away, had the best MACHA ice cream in the whole wide world at Kohan's, went star-gazing, kayaking and enjoyed the freshest salmon from Mt.Cook Salmon Farm.


After getting back from Lake Tekapo, we went on doing more things. We had a fancy dinner at The Custom House, facing the Harbour.



We watched a movie in Az's room, had Domino's Pizza in Az's room (which made her whole room smell like some kinda pizza place), went to the Bruneian students' election (which Share is the new secretary, Wen as the newly elected Welfare officer and Az being the Public Relations Officer) Congrats girls!

Besides that, we also made our way to the Botanical Garden, where most of our 'complete 4' pics are taken, courtesy of our photographer, Andrew! (hehe..)


We also made dinner by ourselves and to me, that was the best dinner ever! We were cooking up a storm!! (hehe) Besides that, I also got to have my favourite mussels at The Reef (which is sadly not Wen's or Andrew's favourite dish).

Besides the food and sight-seeing, I also bought lots of clothes, got few from Wen, my first pair of long boots, winter jacket, a rainbow hoodie, hairbands and most important of all, a new fringe!

I had a terrific time at Dunedin. I'm not sad it's over, just glad it happened and we made more memories together. Now I can look back and reminisce more happy times!


Sydney (30th August-3rd September)

At Sydney, I tried the best pancake, went on my dream Ferris Wheel ride at Luna Park, a scary kart ride, bumper car and a crazy dizzy washing-machine game. That basically left Fadhli done for the whole night.

Besides that, we also met Muneer and had a nice trip to the Sydney Aquarium! where the boys got me a very pretty Rose Quartz display (for generating positive and emotional healing energy). I also managed to catch 'Bourne Ultimatum' and *East Garden(?)* with Fadhli, Muneer, Bo Jun and Susan.



In all sense, I had a wonderful 2 weeks.. thanks to my friends. Where you all are, is where I want to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment