Thursday, September 20, 2007

21

For my 21st birthday..

I wanted to do something different, things I never dared to try before..

I used to think turning 21 was a big deal. I had many plans and thoughts about this 'big' day.

All the plans to highlight & curl my hair, go sky-diving, go to a foreign country alone and just basically trying things I've never done (and all the things I never thought I'd do) were replaced by more sensible thoughts.

I guess those were just a sudden desire to remind myself, "Hey, you've indeed grown up."

I'll be celebrating my 21st birthday in advance with my family tomorrow night.

I used to love having a house full of presents when I was a little girl.. now, all I wish for is a house full of people who loves me and a happy gathering, full of laughter and well-wishes.

Usually during birthdays, my friends would write me lovely birthday cards and remind me of my good points and the things we've gone through together..

I'm very thankful for them, because they are the ones who make my life more wonderful just by being in it..

The days wouldn't have been so enjoyable without them.. so this time, it should be my turn to text them, to thank them for the wonderful colours they've added to my life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment