Fad, Bo Jun and the rest of the BSP Scholars left for Sydney at 8pm last night.
22nd February, exactly 8 more months to my 20th birthday.
I woke up thinking I would break down.
I tried to do things as per normal.
Had breakfast while watching tv and surfed the internet.
Suresh came to my place and I followed him to school and Share's place.
I didn't wanna drive at all yesterday.
Fad dropped by at Share's place for lunch and we went out with him to run errands for a little while.
Every minute spent with him was very precious to us.
We tried to make full use of whatever was left.
When it was time to go to the airport, my heart felt damn heavy.
Reached the airport around 5.50pm and most people were there already.
Fad didn't really get to talk to us, which was expected coz he had to entertain many others who were also there to send him off.
There were moments when I couldn't control myself and burst into tears but I managed to get over it quite soon.
I kept thinking, "Fad's mom, pls don't cry. If u cry, then I'll breakdown."
She didn't cry. She really is a strong woman.
The other girls cried, I shed a little tears but to my surprise, it never gone into the 'full blast' mode.
After Fad went in, I quickly ran to the waving gallery.
We forgot to ask them which gate so we were running around.
When we saw them, they were already going through the security check.
There were a few moments when we saw them looking our way but they never saw us.
I was thumping on the glass mirror and shouting but surely they couldn't hear us. =(
When they were finally out of our sight, we went to the open space where we could see planes taking off.
We waited a long time.
I didn't cry.
At around 8.22pm, we finally heard the engine of the plane and we stood there watching the plane in the runway and finally took off.
When it took off, I shouted "BYE FADHLI".
I didn't realise there were many people around but it didn't really matter.
I still can't really feel that Fad is not in Brunei anymore.
Maybe that is why I didn't cry when he left.
I keep trying to convince myself that he's only going for a short holiday.
But he isn't.
I don't know when will I see him again.
But friendship isn't a matter of distance, right?
I'll make an effort to keep in contact.
No comments:
Post a Comment