How am I getting there?
I am hitchhiking there with Jimmy and Sze Nee! Morocco, here we come!
We have registered online! We are a team!
A part of me doesn't believe this is real. I am finally doing something for charity. This is what I've been wanting to do for a long time.
We had a meeting at Jimmy's place last night till 1.30am, setting up our justgiving website. Just thinking about the name took us ages. We finally decided on dreamadream.
Everybody has dreams. Some lucky people experience 'dreams come true.' For others, there is at least a tiny ray of hope that their dreams might come true.
Because we are fortunate.
Because we are educated.
For the children in Africa, where AIDS is prevalent, where food is scarce, where clean drinking water is a luxury, where there is poverty..
Does this imply that they don't deserve to dream? Certainly not.
In order for them to break out of the poverty cycle, EDUCATION is the key.
And this is what we are raising money for!
We believe everybody has the right to a 'common starting point'.
Of course, we are going to have fun while doing this too!
From taking group photos, brainstorming sessions, meetings, fundraising events, to the actual 'Hitchhiking', we are going to give our best shot & enjoy ourselves!
I'm so fortunate to have a group of loyal supporters! For them, I will take good care of myself.
I am thankful that Papa & Mama have brought me up to believe in being charitable, to help the less fortunate and to believe in myself.
Because I feel like the luckiest girl in the world, I will try to help others.
Mother Teresa said..
If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love.
If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love.
I am playing out the song in my heart. I hope that my dedication will move everyone around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment