I take for granted the beautiful things I see everyday. Something as simple as the fallen autumn leaves right in front of a building I pass by every single day on campus, is the kind of thing I would 'oooh' and 'aahhh' about when I see on photos or TV. Yet, I failed to acknowledge their presence when they were right in front of my eyes.. Is it human nature?
It's November already. And it's been slightly more than a month since I moved into 59. Times at home are wonderful. Gatherings, parties, late night supper, early morning breakfast together.. We've had it all.
Staying in a house has also brought out my 'domestic' side. From a person who's hardly ever stepped into the kitchen at home, I am actually quite enjoying myself with the chores. At home, I hardly even have the chance to see a sink of dirty dishes..Doris (my domestic helper) is very quick and efficient!
I enjoy my life here. But this doesn't mean I don't miss home. Sometimes before I fall asleep at night, I would think about home. My parents.. I wonder what they are doing at this exact moment. My brother.. My room.. My house.. They are constantly in my thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment