It's absolutely freezing outside.. You can even see frost on the grass in the morning.
When the wind blows, you just feel like heading straight back to bed and seek refuge under the duvet.
Brrr..cold November wind..
My sensitive skin is once again protesting against the weather.
I've been getting signals such as a mini rash here and there but I thought nothing of it.
Until Monday, after my shower.. I saw little bumps on my face and I thought "OH NO!!!! NOT AGAIN, NOT IN UK!!"
I tried to relax and went out of the house, hoping to catch my 11 am POF lecture.
While waiting for the bus, I felt extremely uncomfortable & I knew my rash had become worse.
I still went to campus anyway and regretted immediately.
In short, just on Monday alone, I went back and forth campus and the house a grand total of..... 6 times!!
And no, I missed the 11am POF lecture coz I was at the Health Centre, trying to get someone to look at me.
It's so hard to see a doctor here. I ended up taking the medicine I brought from Brunei and thank god it worked!
"It never rains but pours." Our gas supply was cut coz there was a gas leak in our house. (may I add, SO DANGEROUS!!)
We spent 2 days without proper heating and had to survive on microwave food.
But thankfully someone came to fix it last night and everything is OK now.
I miss home!
There seems to be so many things waiting to be done.
I miss my summer holidays!!!
I am looking forward to the next one already.
But it's ok. I keep telling myself, "I can do it! I can do it!"
If I don't believe in myself, who will believe in me?
There's a new poster in my room and it's about Dreams..
It goes, "Far away there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead."
There'll always be challanges lying ahead. I know it all depends on my mindset on how to tackle them.
I just have to keep reminding myself to stay positive!
"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."
Benjamin Franklin
"The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions—the little soon-forgotten charities of a kiss, a smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment in the disguise of a playful raillery, and the countless other infinitessimals of pleasurable thought and genial feeling."
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
No comments:
Post a Comment