Sunday, May 01, 2011

1943


I like taking pictures.

I appreciate pictures that are well-taken.

There is only one thing that bothers me.

Fleeting moments.. I am always torn between immersing in the moment or taking my camera out to capture the moment, especially during gatherings with friends.

If I was too engrossed in trying to capture the moment, I end up not being 'fully' there.  Does this make sense?

This is probably why I have always felt much more comfortable taking pictures of scenery, plants, shoes, etc.

Human beings are so complex, with such rich emotions.. I truly admire photographers who are able to capture this.

On another note, I have been following the royal wedding.  I could not wait to get back home on Friday to catch it.  It feels extra personal because I have grown up hearing and reading so much about the Princess of Wales and her sons.

I am not sure why I feel a huge relief seeing how both the princes turn out.  I am rather proud of them because they have a million reasons to go astray.  But they did not.  They have grown up to be fine young men who are positively contributing to the society.  It is very admirable. 

Alexandar Neel said, 'Suffering raises up those souls that are truly great; it's only the small souls that become mean-spirited by it.'

It is so easy to say, but so hard to do.  They did it.  I am not sure if I could have done it myself.
This has also led me to think about the role of a mother and the importance of setting a strong foundation for your children from a young age.  I sure hope that when (if) I have my own children some day, I will put this into practice.

Ending this post with my favourite picture from the royal wedding, courtesy of bbc.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment