Thursday, April 28, 2011

2145

It's quite amazing how many great things I start to notice simply by being conscious.

After having a series of 'bad days', I revisit my definition of happiness.
Does constantly being in a state of joy equal happiness?
I am mindful of birthday greetings I send to my friends.
Instead of wishing them a 'happy' year ahead, I should probably say 'blessed'.
When supposed 'bad' (in inverted comas) things happen, it probably is not as bad as we initially thought.
It could turn out as a blessing in disguise.

Helen Keller said, 'We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.'
True, isn't it?

And this is probably one of my favourite blessings,
"May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to make you human,
and enough hope to bring you joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment