This
is more 'aww-'worthy than this.
Maybe I am becoming more cynical as I age.
I used go 'awww' when I see young couples proclaiming their love to each other.
I still do, but not as much.
With so many divorce cases, I wonder what actually goes on inside someone's head when they promise to stay together "till death do us part".
Instead of 'aww..', I say a silent 'bless you'. Are men even made for staying faithful to one woman? (I have been asking a lot of my guy friends about this. I digress.. will save this for another post.)
On the other hand, when I see old couples holding hands or strolling down the streets, that's when I get all warm and fuzzy inside. I used to see that more often in the UK. Not so much back home.
Whenever I see an old couple together, I wonder about the things they have gone through. Did they marry at a young age? How was their first date back then like? When did they realise they want to spend the rest of their lives together? How much did they sacrifice to make this work?
Perhaps they only got together in their old age. They were probably high school sweethearts who were once very in love, but ended up marrying other people. Then a series of twists and turns led them back into each other's lives.
You might think I have been watching too much drama.. but I have come to realise that real life events are actually much more dramatic than dramas out there!


No comments:
Post a Comment