Tuesday, June 23, 2009

01:18 Think, think, think

Today is a productive day, although I started a little late.

I went to town and get boxes for packing and managed to get 3 tops and 2 accessories too.

Packing's 1/3 done and hopefully everything will go according to plan and the shipping company will come before I have to move out of Tocil.

When I was in town, I came across a girl who looked about my age and judging by the bulge of her tummy, she should be in her third trimester now.. and she was smoking.

I really wonder what she was thinking.

Does she know smoking is bad for her baby? I assume she does. If so, why is she still smoking? I really don't understand.

Human beings are weird sometimes. We know perfectly well that something is bad for us and yet we still continue doing it anyway.

This ranges from consuming junk food to smoking while being pregnant.

Why?

If we were a little more rational and far-sighted, this world would probably be more orderly. No teenage pregnancy, etc.

If only everyone considers the situation properly before they decide to have a baby, and if everyone takes good care of their own children, I believe the world will be a much better place. It's really as simple as that. At least that's what I believe.

Moving on..

I've been thinking about my definition of success recently.

Is it measured by my academic ability, social ability or work capability?

As I'm stepping into the working world, I can't help but wonder- how should I measure my own 'success'?

Should I draw up a plan, set goals and try to achieve them?

Does 'work' really matter to me?

What about family? What happened to my dream of setting up a family?

Can I juggle both priorities well?

I've been watching a lot of taiwanese series (probably too much), and I see actors as young as myself who have already established their position in the entertainment circle.

I can't help but admire them.

They are as young as me, but they know what they want and are working very hard to fulfill their dream and they already have their own definition of 'success'.

How about me?

I need to spend some more time thinking about this.

Am I alone? Does everyone already know what they want- except for me? Or are you guys still searching as well?

Every new beginning marks an end of something.
Every ending marks a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment