Day 7 (23/03/08)
Extremely SUNNY DAY! YIPPEE!!
I woke up to the sun basking into the room and tennis match on TV. (hehe, we slept with the tv on the night before, remember?)
After finish showering, I saw that Jimmy has left a note and said he went out for a walk.
S.N & I quickly got ready. We were ready to explore the beautiful beaches in Tarifa! While waiting for Jimmy to come back, we watched 'Doraemon' on TV. Yes, Doraemon spoke Spanish! How cute!
Jimmy came back and we checked out of Hotel Villanueva, into Hostel Facundo.

Then, we hit the beach! We went to the sea-side. Sat on gigantic rocks facing the Mediterranean Sea. That was the day we got ourselves tanned.
We sat under the hot sun, played cards and experience the joy of doing 'nothing'.



It felt so good just watching people fish. The place we were sitting overlooked the Moroccan mountains, and we thought "Yes! We're so near our destination now. It's just over the sea. Once we cross the sea, we're there!"
We decided we had enough of sitting on the rocks. So we moved our bum to the other side of Tarifa- the part with sandy beach.

Along the way, we saw many people- families; old and young alike.. Walking their dogs, sunbathing, reading, windsurfing.. and you think to yourself, "wow, such is life!"
After spending a few hours in the sun, we head back to our hostel.
We had free internet access so we thought, "Why not use it?"

That was the sign put up in the computer room. 'Tanks you'.. (hehe) I took the chance to log into Facebook (after 6 days without internet!!) and immediately sent a mass message to the gang!
Such luxury was short-lived. We only had around 20 minutes of free access. To be honest, by the 10th minute, I didn't know what to do already. I felt very out-of-touch and was getting used to life without internet.
"What should we have for dinner?"
That was the important question then. We were running out of Euros and was trying to minimize our spending. We went off to a nearby supermarket. S.N & I were trying to see how what we can buy with 2 euros. And apparently, A LOT! We bought 6 buns and 7 sausages for 2.05 euros. We were damn proud of ourselves.

I was looking forward to 'sunset' because I wanted to take photos under the natural sunset lighting, where you can't exactly see the person, only a black figure in front of the setting sun.
I waited and waited..and when the sun was finally setting, I pulled S.N & Jimmy out with me.
That trip costed me my camera cover and two memory cards. :(
On the way, I was so excited. I swung my camera while walking.. and thought, "my camera feels so light today!" I took a look and 'UH-OH!' where is my camera cover? I panicked a little and tried to trace my route, hoping to find the lost cover. Sadly, I didn't manage to retrieve it.
I was sad because one of the memory cards had my saved Harvest Moon game! BOOHOO! I was so close to getting married already. House expansion was nearly done- except for the hothouse, I had 10 chickens, 2 cows, 1 sheep, lots of money and my 'heart' colour with the boy I fancied was RED! It took me 2 whole months to get to that stage. So sad.. [Now that exams are over, I'm going to get a new memory card and restart my harvest moon!]
Anyhow, I got to take the photo.


I could still manage to 'jump' for joy..so I guess I wasn't feeling that bad about losing the memory card. Oh well, what is lost is lost. Feeling sad will get me nowhere, right? So I decided to forget about the unfortunate incident and enjoy the rest of my holiday.
That night, Jimmy was thinking of going to a pub to check out the night life in Tarifa. I decided to read a book I got from the common area. He said he wanted to rest for a while before going out... I fell asleep while reading and when I woke up at 2 am to switch off the lights, S.N & Jimmy were sleeping soundly.. They didn't manage to wake up and go out afterall.. You shall see that this became a norm in our trip.. We would say, "let's take a short nap and go out later".. But we wouldn't get up and would usually sleep the night away.. hehe.. oh well, that's what holidays are for- right?
No comments:
Post a Comment