Tuesday, September 22, 2009
R.I.P Jacky
I can't get this song out of my head.
I love the lyrics and the beautiful melody that brings those words into being.
Perhaps what makes this song even more memorable is that the person who penned the lyrics, Jacky Yang, has passed away in 2004 when he was merely 24 years old.
I googled him out of curiosity one day and read his story. It's always saddening to hear of a talented young man's passing before his time.
I made my mom and brother listen to this song and cried while telling them his story.
Sometimes, I can't help but to think of 'death' as a wonderful thing.
It seems to me that human beings tend to honour the dead and choose to only remember good things about them. Their mistakes get miraculously pardoned because, well, why hold a grudge against a dead person?
Then again, I am speaking in very broad terms.. surely there are lots of exceptions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment