Once in a while, the title catches my eye
And today, I came across one that I've read before, but I'm glad to receive it again coz I've been meaning to record it down.
The title is, The Last Day of Human Life.
Ten Things God Won't Ask On That Day
1. God won't ask what kind of car you drove. He'll ask how many people you drove who didn't have transportation.
2. God won't ask the square footage of your house. He'll ask how many people you welcomed into your home.
3. God won't ask about the clothes you had in your closet. He'll ask how many you helped to clothe.
4. God won't ask what your highest salary was. He'll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.
5. God won't ask what your job title was. He'll ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.
6. God won't ask how many friends you had. He'll ask how many people to whom you were a friend.
7. God won't ask in what neighbourhood you lived. He'll ask how you treated your neighbours.
8. God won't ask about the colour of your skin. He'll ask about the content of your character.
I value this kind of teaching.
It's not about being the best.. it's about doing the best within your means..
I was talking to my mom the other day.. and I remember telling her,
"Ma, do you realise in a few generations to come, our descendants won't even know anything about us... They might know our names if they bothered to find out from our family tree, but they wouldn't know our character, our likes and dislikes.. It'll be almost like we've never existed at all.. just like how we don't know anything about our ancestors"
I don't know how we got there.. but has it ever crossed your mind?
Let's say you'd get remembered for one thing.. what would you want that to be?
Maybe certain choices will seem easier when you have a clear idea of who you want to be.. what do you want people to remember most about you..
"Because at the end when you're looking back instead of forward, you wanna believe you made the most of what life gave you.
You wanna believe that you're leaving something good behind.
You wanted all to have mattered"
No comments:
Post a Comment