Monday, April 07, 2008

What's been occupying my mind..and time



This is the extraordinary love story of Clare and Henry who met when Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry suffers from a rare condition where his genetic clock periodically resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. In the face of this force they can neither prevent nor control, Henry and Clare's struggle to lead normal lives is both intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.
I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. For the first time in a long time, I wanted to read this book slowly, instead of my usual speed-reading style. I wanted to savour every word and turn them into images in my mind. The best thing is..this book is being made into a movie and is estimated to be released in November 2008. I can hardly wait!!!
How can you know someone you've never met?
Joyce Conway remembers things she shouldn't. She knows about tiny cobbled streets in Paris, which she has never visited. And every night she dreams about an unknown little girl with blonde hair.
Justin Hitchcock is divorced, lonely and restless. He arrives in Dublin to give a lecture on art and meets an attractive doctor, who persuades him to donate blood. It's the first thing to come straight from his heart in a long time.
When Joyce leaves hospital after a terrible accident, with her life and her marriage in pieces, she moves back in with her elderly father. All the while, a strong sense of deja vu is overwhelming her and she can't figure out why..
I was speed-reading throughout most parts of the book. Some of the terms were too technical for my liking.. about buildings, architecture.. The plot was very interesting though. It pales in comparison with her previous novels, 'PS, I love you' and my personal favourite of hers so far, 'Where Rainbows End'. 

Currently reading..

Imagine a place between heaven and earth. A city where everyone ends up after they die. This city looks like any other, with trees and houses and newspapers, where people work, drink coffee and fall in love. And here they remain, kept alive by the memories of those left behind on earth. 
I have watched..
27 Dresses (finally)


Awake (This is a very good movie. The twists and turns.. still sends shivers down my spine!)

Enchanted (I know.. I am so out-dated.. and this movie is ridiculous!)

The Sleeping Dictionary 
2 Jessica Alba films in 2 nights! 

I am still watching and very much hooked to..

THEY KISS AGAIN

I wait in front of my laptop religiously every Sunday afternoon and keep on checking the forum to see if anyone has posted links to it. It's just too cute and sweet and I can't help but be swept into the whirlwind of their romance. Whenever Zhi Shu (Zheng Yuan Chang) does something sweet to Xiang Qin (Lin Yi Chen), I just can't help but feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's just too realistic! 

It is no wonder that when Mr U saw me with a book..he went, "Romance again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment