'Two tales of love, two stories of loss, one great emotional journey'
A story of two men sustaining themselves through the memory of love. One man had to go to war and leave his beloved one behind. He was determined to return to her and the memory of her helped him survive the war. His sole aim was to return and marry her.
Another man lost his loved one in a bus crash. He couldn't accept it and he was sucked into 'a spiral of despair'. He blamed himself for the tragedy. He started behaving oddly.. but later, he picked himself up and learned to love again.
A simple enough plot, but the author managed to create a captivating story out of it. I especially liked some of the words he used in the text, random pages of interesting facts about 'animal love' and the idea of 'quantum physics' with the notion of an infinite number of universes that ran parallel but invisible to our own.
The idea was that in each of those universes, an alternative outcome to every conceivable situation was played out.
Isn't that interesting? I allowed myself to recall all of the situations where I wished I had done things differently. If those universes exist, I would be leading a very different kind of life now.. perhaps I would be happier, but I wouldn't know it, because I have no way of finding out. It's just quite comforting to think that somewhere out there, there could be another 'me' who could be happier...
No comments:
Post a Comment