Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I haven't been updating my blog for such a long time! I seem to have lost the enthusiasm and there's just so much that's been going on..and to be honest, I'd rather be telling stories face-to-face to everyone instead of them reading through my blog.

After the military orientation week, we had creative thinking workshop. It was alright. I didn't learn much stuff but it was pretty nice nevertheless.

Right after that, we attended the BIT. It was beautiful. The music + the fireworks. I really enjoyed myself that night. Everyone went! I remember sitting in between Munner and Aziz..hehe

The very nxt day, we set off to Temburong. Woke up at 4ish and left for Muara Base.

1 week at Temburong changed a lot of things. We all became closer. So much had happened there. The one that made the biggest impact was Hamiz's incident. We were traumatised and that night was hell. Emotionally unstable. Luckily, there were a few clear headed ones who managed to keep the group together. We knew we couldn't let it affect our schedule.

I remember our first night where we had to sleep in the teratak- it was dirty and we actually saw a big fat rat! The 'bed' was just a piece of wood. No mattress or any sort of princess treatment. We thought that was difficult till we went camping outdoors. We had to sleep on the ground..what's worse is an uneven ground. The first camping night outdoor was an incredible experience. Even though something really unfortunate happened, it brought the group so much closer. That night, me, Hazel, Sanny, Vincent, Aziz, Dodo n Azimah stayed in the 4-man tent & talked..

The part I loved the most was our shower time at the river! So relaxing and the scenary is beautiful. Too bad I didn't bring my camera along.

In the end, we managed to finish the course. I didn't regret going. It was really tiring and there were lots of times when I thought, "what the hell am I doing here? why didn't i just fake an MC and stay at home?" But the memories were truly irreplaceable. If I could turn back time, I would still go for it.

I guess the most valuable thing I got from this trip is the friendship and bond.

Attachment's gonna end this Friday. I'm gonna be really sad coz 3 mths of togetherness is no joke. We all got so much closer..it's gonna be hard to say goodbye. Even to the 2005s, some of whom we've gotten really close with~ I will miss them very much...

The thought of being able to see Fad and the girls so soon really cheers me up. I'll be travelling alone and I find it very exciting..hehe, that's one thing I'll remember for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment