Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beautiful song

I remember writing up on how a book seems to be able to know the perfect time to enter its owner's life. Today, I am going to say the same about a song.

This song found its way into my life while I was driving home just now.

爱情转移 by Eason Chan



I fell in love with its melody the moment I heard it and subsequently, its lyrics.

To me, it sings about strength.  The strength to persevere on the road to finding the one you will eventually spend the rest of your life with.

Along the road, you will meet several others.  You will fall in love, and go your separate ways. In that cycle, you would have gotten close, leading to increased expectations and eventually disappointments. But your separation shall not be in vain. It will hurt, oh yes it will!  But each time, you will learn valuable lessons; lessons you will apply to the next one who travels down the next segment of your life's path with you.

While keeping the 'lessons learned' in mind, you shall not clutch onto the memories.  You must learn to let go of what is no longer there, for memories are like moonbeams that turn into darkness once you try to hold onto it.

The journey will not be smooth-sailing, but be brave! Be vulnerable! Don't be discouraged! Be thankful for all the people you have met along the way, for the soul-stirring moments that have shaped you into the 'right' person you will be for your right one.  All of those in exchange for something breathtakingly simple and beautiful.

♥*♥*♥*♥

I hope to have done the song justice by my interpretation.  The Chinese lyrics are amazingly beautiful.

I am thankful this song has found its way into this particular point of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment