Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Perseverance vs stupidity

Today's class is 'Creativity and Innovation', but my biggest takeaway is something the facilitator shared outside of the scope.

He said, 'there is a fine line between perseverance and stupidity.'  And often, it is only in hindsight that we realise which side had we been on.

If we had succeeded, we would call it 'perseverance'.  Otherwise, it was plain stupidity.

How provocative!

Have you ever encountered situations where you wonder if you were being persistent (hoping it will pay off) or being plain stupid?

I certainly have.

In hindsight, it was plain stupidity.

When I realised that, I thought about all the 'what ifs?'  All those time I have wasted and could never, ever get back.

I read somewhere that one of the hardest things in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which to burn.

Is there any way you could possibly find out?  I guess not.

Life is the 'messy bits'.

It is full of trial and error, ups and downs, laughter and tears, hopes and disappointments.

BUT it is precisely all the messiness and 'unknown' that makes life so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment