Thursday, August 26, 2010

An email from myself

Dear Future Version of Me,

Today, right now, at this moment..I'm sitting in Fadhli's room in Sydney.*/**, Houston Road, Kingsford 2032, New South Wales.

He's gone out for a basketball game. I'll be back in Brunei in 3 days' time.

I just got back from visiting the girls in Dunedin. We had so much fun over there and it was just like old times. 4 of us hanging out..girly chats.. Fad was there for nearly a mth before I went. He still misses them. I miss them too.. but I know all good things must come to an end.

I appreciate having such a good time, knowing I will miss those moments in times of loneliness. I'll be going to UK soon. I wonder how life would be like. Will I finally meet the person who cherishes me and wants spend his whole life with me? Will I be happy and successful? I just pray I won't lose myself..

Written at Fri Aug 25, 2006


I checked my email account moments ago and found this mail sent by an 'email capsule' website- so to speak. It's a letter from myself... Cindy v. 2006. That was me, 4 years ago. Wow! At that time, I still have not gone to uni. I was in Sydney, at Fad's place after visiting the girls in Dunedin. I flew RBA to Sydney and took a budget airline from Sydney to Dunedin, then Dunedin to Sydney. Now I can't even recall the name of the airline. Was it Freedom Air? Perhaps..

So much has happened since then. That felt like a lifetime ago. So much has changed, yet much has remained the same. Hmn.. sounds like a paradox.

But here's my reply:-

Dear past version of me,

As you read through your blog, you would have realised that life in UK was not as intimidating as you thought it would be. You've made some really good friends at university and you've graduated with good grades. Is that your definition of success? If so, congratulations.

Right now, I am happy. I have learned that happiness depends more on my inward disposition. Nobody else is responsible for my happiness, other than myself. I have much more to explore and learn.

Your prayers have been answered. You have not lost yourself along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment