Monday, August 23, 2010

11

Day 11 of Fasting

I got a shock when I was trying to count how many days I have been fasting.. Time flies!

Besides feeling lighter, I also experience an unexplainable sense of ease & clarity. It's almost as if my brain functions better when I'm not stuffing myself with food every hour or so. It's been quite interesting so far...I'm going to keep it up and explore what else is in store for me.

I'm at my lightest in 3 years- body mass wise & I also feel much cleaner. I think my 27 days of lacto-ovo vegetarian diet prior to the fasting month has also helped to cleanse my body of the junk I've been feeding myself.

This is entirely voluntary. I don't exactly know what to say when people ask me why am I doing this. It definitely is a test of my willpower- getting up at 4am to have breakfast is not the easiest thing to do in the world when I am snuggling under my warm blanket. Nor is resisting the urge to drink/eat when my throat feels dry or when my tummy is grumbling. It's especially so because no one would blame me if I break my fast.. no one else but the little voice in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment