Wednesday, October 22, 2008

22 on 22

I feel blessed.. very blessed, having so many wonderful people around me. What did I do to deserve them?

22nd October 1986 was the day I was born. I used to ask Mama a lot of questions about what happened on the actual day I was born. 

The 'dramatic' story about how the water bag broke the day before I was born and how I managed to survive without much oxygen in her uterus. 
Papa was in KB when grandma & auntie sent Mama to the hospital. Papa's colleagues had to get him to come to the hospital to sign the consent form for mama to undergo caesarean birth to take me out! I can't imagine how his colleagues could have done it in the era without a mobile phone or pager. 

It all went well in the end & when the doc told my mom that I was a 'baby girl' and asked if I had a name, she said, 'Cindy'!
Yup, my parents had decided to name their first child 'Cindy' if it turned out to be a girl- named after Cyndi Lauper. 

***

22 years has passed since then...

And I celebrated my 22nd year alive with these wonderful people.

The midnight birthday cake, lovely text messages and calls from loved ones, buffet & Karaoke at Wing Wah made my 22nd birthday celebration an unforgettable one.

***

I achieved the goals I set for myself during my 21st birthday.
What targets should I set for myself this year?
I have to think about that properly.

***

I guess when I look back 20-30 years down the road, I would love to be reminded of my likes and dislikes during the 'younger' days.. So I might as well record them down.

***

I am still very much into boybands and sappy love songs.. exactly the way I am when I was 16! 


These are my favourite boys at the moment.
Not even one day goes by without watching their show before I sleep at night.
Never mind if people think they are just a bunch of good looking boys with no talent, as long as I know they are definitely more than that.
I still cannot make up my mind on who is my favourite out of the group.
Is it the leader Ao Quan, B-Boy Awayne, Charismatic Liljay, Charming Prince, Rocker Xiao Yu or the Kind William?
At least there's one thing I can conclude from this- I am very fickle-minded! 

***

At this stage in life, I am reading 'The Life of Mahatma Gandhi' by Louis Fischer.


I am not even 1/4 into the book yet and I've already felt tears rolling down & had goosebumps several times. 
I guess so far, my main takeaway from this book is that: No man was born perfect.
Mahatma Gandhi wasn't. He wasn't well-articulated as a child & as a young adult, he was sometimes bad-tempered. But that's not important.
He had values, he had dreams and he had faith.
That's what matters.
And I am inspired!

***


He is my favourite male lead at the moment and I always refer to him as my 'Ji Cun Xi'. From 'Fated to Love You'

"~Oh, wo de Ji Cun Xi!"

And this happens to be my favourite Taiwanese series.

***

His songs are the 'most-played' tunes on my i-Pod.
Yoga Lin or better known as 'Lin You Jia' 林宥嘉. 

My favourite phrase from his album is from one of his songs called
再別康橋,

"我揮一揮衣袖衣袖 不帶走一片雲彩"

***


范瑋琪 , whom I always refer to as 'Fan Fan Jie'

Her songs are always in the 'repeat' mode in my iPod too.

***



This song is under 'hot favourite' in my youtube account.

***


And this is my favourite MV at this point in time.

***

So, this is me and what I like at this time and age.

I still believe that every child should have a right to education.

I believe in order for countries to develop,they must first develop the minds of the people.

I believe in Karma & I believe in dreams.

***


My friends said I would be the first to get married among us & my good friend Fadhli's reply when I told him that,"You-- career woman lah!" 

:p

The hot topic that seems to come up when my friends & I gather seems to be,

"Why are most of us still single?"

And we try to come up with all sorts of funny excuses to explain our current 'status'.

***

And how do I see myself in 10 years' time?

Happily married to a man who I cannot/wouldn't want to live without.
Healthy children.
And working for a company whose values I believe in.
Eventually, I will definitely want to work with children- but in order to inspire them and for them to believe in me, I believe something else has to be done before I achieve this dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment