Sunday, July 06, 2008

你是我的眼


If I could see, I would easily be able to differentiate between day and night..
If I could see, I would be able to find your hands amidst the crowd
If I could see, I would be able to drive you around..and give you surprise hugs from the back
If I could see, life would be completely different.. maybe I would want and like different things..just maybe..

The darkness in front of me.. Is this the supposed 'black'?
And the colour 'white'.. how does it look like?
When you mention 'sky blue'.. is it the space behind the clouds in my memory?
I look towards your face, yet I see nothingness
Did God forget to draw the curtain he placed in front of my eyes?

You are my pair of eyes, guiding me through the changing season
You are my pair of eyes, guiding me through the crowd
You are my pair of eyes, sharing the knowledge from the books I could not read
Because of you, I am able to experience the wonders of this world I cannot see..



This song really touched my heart..
I love his lyrics and voice.. and the fact that he sang this straight from his heart.
His blindness did not deter him from showing the world what he has got to offer
His eyes may be blind, but his heart sure isn't.

People like him earn my respect.

This morning, as I was browsing through Borneo Bulletin, I came across an article on photography.
You might think, 'oh, it's just another article..'
But this was not just another article.
It's about visually-impaired children taking photos.
They were taught how to hold a camera..
They were taught how to click the shutter button..
That was it.
No fancy-shmancy photography tricks
No care about the lighting, the angle, the proportion..
They relied on their senses.
One boy said, he clicked the shutter button when he felt the moment was right.
Isn't that amazing?

Don't you think we sometimes take our gift of sight for granted?
I admit I do..
Sometimes when I pass by places, I don't bother stopping or slowing down to absorb the scenery.. because there is always an excuse
'I am rushing to class..'
'I am meeting somebody and I am late!'
'Ah, what is there to see? I pass by this place everyday..'

It's quite sad when I think about it.
And sometimes.. it takes a song like this..a singer like him..
To remind us, hey! don't take your sight for granted

Thank you, 蕭煌奇

你是我的眼

作詞:蕭煌奇 作曲:蕭煌奇 編曲:洪筠惠       (喜馬拉雅音樂)

謹將這首歌 獻給所有曾被感動過的朋友

如果我能看得見 就能輕易地分辨白天黑夜
如果我能看得見 就能準確地在人群中 牽住你的手
如果我能看得見 就能駕車帶你到處遨遊 就能驚喜的從背後給你一個擁抱
如果我能看得見    生命也許完全不同   可能我想要的我喜歡的我愛的都不一樣

眼前的黑不是黑 你說的白是什麼白
人們說的天空藍 是我記憶中那團白雲背後的藍天
我望向你的臉 卻只能看見一片虛無
是不是上帝在我眼前遮住了簾 忘了掀開

你是我的眼 帶我領略四季的變換
你是我的眼 帶我穿越擁擠的人潮
你是我的眼 帶我閱讀浩瀚的書海
因為你是我的眼 讓我看見世界就在我眼前

No comments:

Post a Comment