Swoosh-Wooosh, and it's the last day of Term 2.
It's been a fun-filled term. I am happy with both my academic and non-academic results. It's a wonderful boost of confidence and I hope my efforts will see me through Term 3 and the end of year exams.
It would have been perfect without my constant wisdom-toothaches. First, it was the left side, then the right side and now, it's back to the left side. ugh~
I can only chew using the side that doesn't hurt.
At first, to ease the pain, I could only have soft bread and mashed sweet potato porridge. And I thought, what a good way to lose weight.
But that didn't last.
Before long, I started eating whatever I wanted, totally ignoring the pain and discomfort. Unfortunately, that didn't last as well.
I woke up to a numb left face and have been experiencing discomfort since morning. Back to the porridge diet for now.
Besides our regular library sessions.. (which is more for gossiping and random chit-chatting rather than for revision)... Here's what I've been up to..
(1) We celebrated Brunei's 24th National Day by having a potluck gathering at our place! We played Taboo and *Concentration*. Concentration now begins..stick to the rhythm..
(2) We went to SoulAsia Food Festival (where the Asian societies in our university get together and showcase their local dishes). We had teh-tarik, milo dinosaur, chicken curry, popiah.. and lots more delicious food that reminded us of home.
(3) Haziq's 21st Birthday!
We had a 'housemates' Nandos takeaway dinner. Yum yum!
(4) BruLeceister Games and Imperial B'Night 2008.
I didn't know what came over me when I decided to forsake revision time 2 days before a test for a netball tournament in Leceister and to London straight after the game for Imperial's Brunei Night.
But I'm glad I had fun during the netball tournament. We lost 4 games and drew one game but I could see that our passes were getting better and we have improved. A big Thank-You to the Malaysians who trained with us. Go Bruwick! Thank you MSA!
Imperial B'Night 2008 was a little disappointing for me. The show was a little too long for my liking. The storyline was alright though. Perhaps I had overly-high expectations from them after witnessing Warwick's M'Night. Nevertheless, it was a good effort from the production team. I'm sure they'll get better with experience!
(5) Sze Nee's advanced 21st birthday celebration.
I invited a few friends over to our place for dinner. It was meant to be a surprise for Sze Nee so I just made up some excuses about celebrating the end of term 2, 'bon voyage dinner for Connie and us hitchhikers'. (hehe)
It was another night of fun, with games such as heart attack, 'vampire' and some other very random games. That night, we went to bed at about 4am and I had to wake up for my 11am seminar. Thank goodness that was the last day of Term and I managed to keep my eyes opened for 2 hours.
It's Saturday now and I'll be leaving UK on Monday.. We are starting our hitch right here in Coventry and pray that some kind soul will take us to Portsmouth for the ferry.
I am excited, I am scared.. but more excited than scared.
At times, I feel guilty about doing this, because I know it will cause Papa & Mama a lot of worry.
When I first told Mama I was going to do the hitch, she said ok right away.
To be honest, I was taken aback by her reply.
Later on when I told her again that I've registered and I am really doing it, she told me she didn't dare to say 'No' at first because she was worried I would get mad at her for disagreeing.
Sigh, my cute Mama.
Papa was cool and only asked me to take good care of myself.
I am immensely touched by their support. I hope they truly believe that this life experience will do me good.
I think my parents are the coolest parents on earth. They've always let me do whatever I wanted and respect my choices.
Sometime, I think that even though they knew beforehand that I was going to make a mistake, they still let me go ahead and try it out. When things don't turn out right, they never say "I told you so."
So for them, I will take extra good care of myself and text them whenever I have the chance to lessen their worry.
No comments:
Post a Comment