Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sad song

My weekend has been miserable. I was down with flu, cough, fever, headache..all the works!
Mama dragged me to the doctor's on Sunday and I was given 2 days of MC.
It was terrible being sick.
I am still coughing and feeling a lil drowsy today, but I should be well for work tomorrow.
I might ask for permission to stay at home this week instead of the hotel coz I don't wish to spread my virus to my room mates.
Will see how things go~

I'm currently blogging on my bed.
It seems to be all I'm doing - lying down -.
I can't help it.

I've also embeded a new song here.
Sad song.
Brings back a lot of memories.
Sad ones,
Yes, especially the sad ones.

Since I've been ill and idle, I've been thinking a lot.
When I recall the past, I reprimand myself for not being able to see things clearly.
Everything was clear but I chose to ignore the facts and lived in my own world.
Stupid~ definitely unlike me.
Even though I could see everything crystal clear now, I still can't help but care..
I care a lot..very much..still.
I sacrificed a lot for my ignorance, yet I learned a lot as well.
No regrets, just disappointments..a lot of disappointments
But no blame-pushing..if any, I only blame myself

Growing up is such a fearful process.
I'm turning 21 soon and I know there comes a time where I have to take my place in the real world.
I never thought I'd grow up.
For me, life stopped at 18.
That's as far as I thought I would get to.
And now, there's more?

I choose to review my life positively.
To be born into a good family, to live with a shelter above my head,
To be protected from the extremes of the climate,
To be clothed and fed well,
To receive education,
Simply to breathe..to be healthy
I consider myself one of the luckiest person alive..

What more,
My parents are still well and alive,
And I've been blessed with lots of good people in my life..
I am very thankful..extremely grateful

If people choose to review their life in a more positive light, they could avoid a lot of unnecessary worries.
Perhaps I shouldn't use my standards to judge them, but in the process of being self-centred, they might have hurt other people..
When they do things without sparing a thought for others' feelings..
Sometimes, we take for granted the people who care about us..
We simply assume that it is the natural order of things to be cared and loved..
The truth is, nobody has an obligation to be nice to you
They could well treat you like a piece of poo, step all over you..and worst yet, to simply ignore your existence.
Yet they did not choose to do all of the above,
They tolerated your unreasonable demands, forgave you everytime you hurt them..
Perhaps we'll all learn to appreciate only after we lose..
Only after it is gone, then we'll wake up and realise it was once such a big part of us..

My head is once again spinning and I think it's a sign I should stop and take another nap.
Hope I get well soon and be able to join my colleagues in the 'frontline' again!

No comments:

Post a Comment