Saturday, November 14, 2015

Not till you are tested...

I take pride in my self-perceived 'strong' inner strength, ability to try to see the good in every situation and keeping this mantra firmly in my mind: 'there is always something to be thankful for'.

But it is true that these are just words until one has been tested.

I remember a post I did back in 2010.  It was about something like this and at that time, I mentioned that I fell into depression because of some obstacles I met at work but managed to get out of it.  I wrote that strength and wisdom are not going to come wrapped in a pretty box.  Instead, they will come in the form of trials and challenges to allow us to learn via experience and keep us humbled.

Recently, I have been smacked right in the face by a challenge, one that I never imagined having to go through, and one that I would not wish upon anybody else.  In the very beginning, I allowed myself to be sad.  I dove, a hundred per cent of myself, into this deep pool of sadness. Maybe someday, I will be strong enough to share it here but as I am going through this experience, I must keep in mind the words that I have realised five years ago.

Strength and wisdom will not come wrapped in a pretty box with a pretty bow.  They come in the form of trials and challenges, to teach us lessons and keep us humbled.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment