Wednesday, January 02, 2013

❤

I would like to start 2013 by giving thanks for everything that I am blessed with- for a healthy body and mind, and to be living in the Abode of Peace.

Thank You for:

My family.  Nothing beats Papa's home cooked meals every day after work and Mama's warm hugs and kind words.  I have never once doubted that they love my brother and I in the best way that they can and have provided us with the very best within their means.  Every day, I am grateful for them.

My friends.  I am especially thankful for each and every one's effort to stay in touch, to maintain presence in each other’s lives, to celebrate each other’s success and to comfort and encourage one another when the going gets tough.  As we slowly embark on new chapters in life, I hope that we will be able to grow separately without growing apart.

My job.  Although I don’t jump out of my bed in anticipation of going to work every morning, at least I don’t dread it.  It is rewarding to contribute, learn new skills, meet new people and earn a living.  I believe that all the dots will connect and some day when I look back, I will be thankful for all the steps along the way.


My love. One of the highlights of 2012 was meeting and falling in love with Mr L.  I started 2012 with an emotional baggage from a long time ago and did not really believe that I could get pass it, until he came into my life.   My favourite memory of us so far, took place on a rainy Saturday afternoon.  He bought my favourite cakes and we were sitting on the sofa in my dining room surrounded by a cool breeze coming in from the opened windows and the pitter-patter sound of the rain.  We each held a fork in one hand and together supported the box of cakes with another hand as we ate.  I still get all warm and fuzzy whenever I recall that particular afternoon. I am glad to have him on life’s journey with me- to love, to be loved, to learn and to grow together. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment