I just got back from an incredible trip; one that will linger on my mind for many days to come.
Taiwan..
a place I have loved way before I even set foot in the country.
I love how they are so generous with their 'please' and 'thank you'. I love to be greeted with '歡迎光臨’ every time I step into a shop. I love how people take queueing seriously in Taiwan.
I love their warm and friendly people, from the managers of the minsu we stayed in Hualien who took the time to thoroughly explain where to get what in Hualien, to the taxi driver who helped us get Taiwan sim cards, to the uncle who gave me his copy of the train timetable, to the kind auntie who offered to carry my umbrella for me so I could hold on to the rail on the bus when there were no seats left.
They never failed to surprise me with their warm-heartedness and made each day in Taiwan very pleasant for us.
Besides the great food and shopping, I am truly inspired by their work ethics.
I love how the people in the service industry seem to genuinely understand that their purpose is to serve, and take great pride in doing a wonderful job.
This has undoubtedly led me to reflect upon my attitude towards work, and is perhaps the biggest takeaway of the amazing journey for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment