Saturday, July 25, 2009

Match making

I've been lazying at home for one whole week already.



I don't know why but I still feel so lethargic.



Like yesterday, I took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, had 8 hours of sleep at night and I still managed to take a 4 hour afternoon nap today.



It can't be jet lag.



Maybe my body just needed a break.



The books and DVD I ordered from yesasia finally arrived on Friday, a month after I placed the order.



I finished one of the books when I was at the salon two days ago. Yes, I went to colour my hair again. No reason at all. I just felt like getting it done.



I've also given my room a little makeover. We moved out my old cupboard and table and replaced it with a pink bookcase and a white computer table from IKEA. My room looks girl-ier than ever. And I thought I've grown out of the girly phase.



It's funny how some things don't change.



Starting monday, my bumming days are over.



Yes, I am ready to begin a whole new chapter (at least I think I'm mentally prepared). I know there will be challenges, I just hope I'll still be able to maintain a positive outlook and preservere.



There are still times where I wonder if this is right for me. What path have I chosen for myself? I never even gave myself a chance to think it through when I signed on the paper 3 years ago. I just jumped at the chance of a scholarship and a secure job that would follow upon graduation.



"Is this what I really want to do?"


"Will I be happy?"


"Does it really matter even if I'm not?"

"A lot of people aren't happy with their jobs anyway."

"But I don't want to be like them."

"There are people who actually look forward to going to work in the morning."

I have lost count of the number of times I have this conversation with myself. I guess I am just scared. Scared of ending up like one of those aimless workers.

But I shouldn't be, right?

Yes, I shouldn't be.

OK!

Anyway, my mom said my neighbour asked about me. The conversation seemed to go like this,

"Your daughter has graduated yea?"

"Yea, she's back for good now."

"Does she have a boyfriend yet?"

"No.."

"I know of someone who doesn't have a girlfriend yet too. He's tall and he's a very good boy. He's working in Holland now. How about you get a photo of your daughter and I'll try to get his? They could try to get to know each other."

"....."

I am thoroughly amused.

I didn't think such a 'custom' still existed today.. or would happen to me.

Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment