Wednesday, November 12, 2008

其实幸福很简单

Sometimes, when life gets a little too overwhelming.. it only takes a simple line from a song to remind me, 'hey! 其实幸福很简单'

Happiness can be derived from a simple act of drinking water when you feel thirsty, or taking warm, clean clothing out of the tumble dryer.. or having my favourite 5 item breakfast from the Cafe Library.

It doesn't have to be 'big' or 'great'.

I always remind myself to be grateful for all the things I have. But I don't know how to draw the line between 'grateful' and 'complacent'.

While browsing for desktop wallpapers just now, I came across a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

He said, 

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honourable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."

It had led me to think.

*Thinking*

I will edit this once I figure out what it is that I want to say about what he has said.




No comments:

Post a Comment